In July and August, the Study Centre is open from Wednesday to Friday: 11am – 5pm
If you would like to make use of the Study Centre or reserve an archive document, please make an appointment by email: email@example.com
The following terms apply if you would like to consult our collection.
- You can visit the Study Centre by appointment only, and only for the demonstrable use of the collection (archive and library).
- Appointments must be scheduled during our adjusted opening hours and specify a date and time slot:
From Wednesday to Friday: 11am – 5pm (Time slots: 11am – 2pm; 2pm – 5pm.)
You may reserve several time slots if needed.
- Please remember that in the Study Centre there is room for 8 visitors, 4 of whom will be able to consult archive material at any one time.
Making an appointment
- Please make your reservation at least 48 hours in advance. For the archive collection, you can do this by sending an email with the inventory numbers you want to view to firstname.lastname@example.org You can choose archive material in our inventory via our Search Portal.
- For publications, you can send titles with signature numbers to email@example.com You can also choose publications via our Search Portal.
- In addition to the documents or publications you want to view, you should include the following personal details in your email: name, email address, telephone number, desired date of visit and a second option, desired time slot(s) and any other comments.
- You will receive a confirmation of your appointment. Without this confirmation, your reservation is not valid. We have limited availability, so we ask for your understanding in kindly providing this information in advance.
The Study Centre is open to all those who want to consult Het Nieuwe Instituut’s archives and library collection. The archives’ diversity, in combination with the library, makes the Study Centre a great place to research architects’ lives and work, their mutual contacts, and their contributions to various organisations.
For up-to-date information, see: Opening hours and entrance
Study Centre Passes
If you are planning to visit the Study Centre on a regular basis, for example for a long-term study or research project, you can obtain a free pass at the centre’s information desk. The Study Centre Pass allows you free admission to the centre. Please note that the pass does not allow you to borrow books.
Computers are available in the Study Centre for you to consult the catalogues and access the Internet. Power connector sockets are available at various points. The Study Centre also offers Wi-Fi Internet connectivity.
Searching the collection
You can access the collection of Het Nieuwe Instituut via the Search Portal. You’ll find books and magazines, drawings and sketches, photographs, models, letters, and collected clippings from and about Dutch architects.
Reserving archive materials
If you wish to consult archive materials in the study room, please reserve them online. You must request items at least 24 hours before your planned visit via the ‘reserve’ button in the Search Portal, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ‘reserve’ button can be found under the inventory number in the tree structure of the archive in question. During opening hours (except between 1:00 and 2:00 pm) you can request materials that are unavailable online and make any necessary additions to your earlier digital request.
Due to a major restoration project, parts of the collection may be temporarily unavailable for consultation. Please visit this page for updates about the restrictions. If you have questions about the availabilty of materials, please contact the Study Centre via email@example.com
There are various ways of reproducing material from the collection of Het Nieuwe Instituut: copying, scanning and taking (digital) photographs. There is a self-service facility in the Study Centre for copying and scanning documents and books, and a reproduction service for scanning archive materials.
Ordering, procedures, conditions and prices
Works from the archives and library collection of Het Nieuwe Instituut are loaned out for exhibitions both in the Netherlands and abroad. Museums and other cultural institutes can submit a request for a loan to the Heritage department.
Procedures and conditions
If you have any questions about the collection, please contact the Study Centre by phone +31 (0)10 440 1270, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.